“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Alexa joined Volition Capital in 2022 as Senior Associate on the Internet & Consumer team.
prior experience & education
- Alexa began her career at BlackRock in New York City, where she spent five years working in various roles across the BlackRock Alternatives business. Most recently, Alexa worked on strategic projects for BlackRock’s global Real Estate and Infrastructure investment platform, including sustainability initiatives, operating platform enhancements, business acquisitions and integrations, and development of new investment capabilities. Previously, Alexa focused on institutional capital raising and business development for the firm’s hedge fund and private equity strategies.
- Prior to Volition, Alexa interned during her MBA summer at Idea Farm Ventures, an early-stage VC fund that backs the next generation of mission-driven consumer brands.
- Alexa received a BA, cum laude, from Harvard College in Economics and an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ALEXA
- She was born and raised in Manhattan and is always happy to share recommendations for her favorite restaurants around the city.
- Alexa is passionate about modern art. She loves visiting museums, galleries and art fairs when she travels and has started an art collection of her own.
- Alexa has always had a sweet tooth, with a particular affinity for gummy candies like Sour Patch and Percy Pigs.
- In her free time, Alexa enjoys hanging with her family (including her mom’s rescue dog named Romeo), watching reality television, and skiing!
“What I love about researching and investing in high-growth companies is the combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis required to find the winners—Talent and relationships are just as crucial as business fundamentals. I am also passionate about discovering consumer brands and new technologies that will shape the future of consumer behavior.”