“Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.”
– Rocky Balboa
Monica joined Volition in 2020 and is responsible for evaluating and executing new investment opportunities within the Internet and Consumer space.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Monica began her career in NYC, first in investment banking at Credit Suisse in the Financial Sponsors Group for two years and then in private equity at Permira for three years. During her MBA summer, Monica interned at Care/of, a direct-to-consumer health and wellness start-up.
- Monica holds a BA in Economics from Princeton University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
FUN FACTS ABOUT MONICA
- Monica competed for four years on the varsity women’s tennis team at Princeton and was captain her senior year
- She begged her parents to homeschool her from 7th to 12th grades so she could play more tennis (and they miraculously caved!)
- One of her favorite childhood memories is listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks while on a cross country road trip with her family
- During her free time, Monica loves attempting to set new Peloton PRs, playing squash, and exploring new things and places with friends
Monica is currently a member of the board for Super73
“I love meeting founders, hearing their stories, and helping them in any way I can achieve their dreams. I am continuously inspired by their fearlessness, ambitions, and work ethic and am grateful for the opportunity to support them along the way.
The companies that I admire the most are customer-centric and offer a real value proposition to the end consumer. Investing in these relationships allow companies to stay relevant as they learn from and grow with their customers, a recipe for success.”