“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
– Will Rogers
Meet Alex Chao
Alex joined Volition in 2020 and is responsible for sourcing and providing due diligence on new investment opportunities within growth-stage software and tech-enabled service businesses.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Alex graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Dartmouth in 2020 and in his senior year won the Louis Morton Memorial Prize in American History.
- In 2019 Alex interned at DBO Partners, a tech-focused investment banking firm in San Francisco.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ALEX
- An avid tennis player, Alex co-captained his championship high school team. He’s still hoping that wasn’t the pinnacle of his tennis career.
- When he was ten, Alex adopted the Pittsburgh Steelers as his team — because he thought they had the coolest logo. He became a lifelong fan when they won the Super Bowl that year. He has never been to Pittsburgh.
- Alex loves foreign travel, the outdoors, and being with his family and friends.
I believe that passion is just as important as a good idea or a technical business plan. I love that Volition puts such a high value on the people aspects of investing.
News & Insights
SOLVING THE PUZZLE: THE LOW-CODE / NO-CODE REVOLUTION AS A POTENTIAL MEANS TO... more
THE NEXT EFFICIENCY FRONTIER: EMPOWERING SENIOR SALES TEAM MEMBERS According to... more
A SUMMARY OF THE BURGEONING OPPORTUNITY FOR VERTICALIZED CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT As... more
UNDERSTANDING THE WHY: THE RISE OF GO-TO-MARKET PROCESS INTELLIGENCE One could... more