SVP, Talent & Human Resources
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
– Wayne Gretzky
Meet Chris Fahey
Chris became a member of Volition Capital in 2020, and since his arrival, he has expertly guided the establishment of the firm’s exceptional executive network. Additionally, he has assisted numerous portfolio companies in assembling their high-performing teams.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Chris joined Volition Capital in 2020 as the Firm’s first People and Talent hire to build the Firm’s human network in support of Volition and its portfolio companies.
- Prior to joining Volition, he was the Head of Ecosystem at Pillar VC, a Boston-based seed fund.
- Chris spent three years as the Chief People Officer at Alumni Ventures Group, where he helped the company grow from 10+ employees, four funds, and $16m in AUM to 100+ employees, 20+ funds, and over $ 250M in AUM.
- He got his first taste in early-stage companies when he joined Mosaic Research Management, a proprietary expert networking firm, where he was the first employee and spent six years, the last few of which he served as the VP of Operations and Partner.
- He holds a BA from Williams College, where he majored in Political Economy and was a member of the Williams Men’s Hockey team.
FUN FACTS ABOUT CHRIS
- He loves to play golf but is a strong believer that taking it too seriously or trying too hard will suck the fun out of it – hint: he isn’t very good!
- Chris loves to work with his hands, a skill he learned from working alongside his dad. Recent home projects have included a new patio, retaining wall, and finishing his basement.
- He believes that Brussel sprouts are hands-down the best vegetable, and if they are on the menu, he will order them.
- Chris’s favorite part of being a grown-up is being a dad.
“Behind every business is an idea, but the success of that idea is the direct result of the humans operating and iterating behind it every day. Working in Talent at Volition, I get to help some of the best operators and leaders take their business to the next level through the addition of world-class talent.”