Chief Financial Officer
“Buy, buy, buy! Oh, everyone’s buying? Then sell, sell, sell!”
– Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) in Caddyshack
Meet Mike Wilkens
A member of the Volition Capital team since the spinout from Fidelity Ventures in 2010, Mike supports the investment team with financial modeling and legal review. In his day-to-day, he focuses on fund administration, investor reporting, and valuation analysis.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Prior to Volition, Mike worked as a financial analyst at Fidelity Ventures.
Before Fidelity, he spent four years at mutual fund provider Columbia Management Group building revenue forecasting models, creating mutual fund profitability analyses and assessing fund performance
Mike began his career at Bank of America in a two-year leadership program, which provided exposure to each of the key functional groups in the finance organization.
He holds a BS in Finance from Providence College and an MBA from Boston College, Carrol School of Management
FUN FACTS ABOUT MIKE
- Mike’s first car was a Dodge Colt that required oil more frequently than gas.
- He’s run three marathons, including the 2012 Boston Marathon, one of the hottest on record.
- According to Mike, his time away from the office is largely spent trying to keep up with the active schedules of my wife and three kids. He also enjoys teaching his kids how to play golf, running (sometimes), and working on his jump shot.
- He grew up in Salem, MA, the center of all things Halloween. As a result, he has been easily persuaded by his kids to wear embarrassing family costumes (much to the delight of my coworkers).
At its core, my role is to provide the reporting and controls every company needs from its finance and accounting team. But, what makes my job interesting and every day a little different is the fast-paced industry we operate within.
Being on the operational side of the business, I have a deep appreciation of the challenges our portfolio companies face in running their own organizations. I know what it’s like to wear many hats!