Ensighten Raises $53 Million in New Funding to Accelerate Global Leadership and Innovation for its Omni-Channel Customer Data Platform
Leader in Enterprise Tag Management Will Use Funds to Extend Platform Capabilities to Serve as the Single Source of Unified Customer Data for Global Brands
SAN JOSE, Calif., October 19, 2015 – Ensighten, the leading global omni-channel data and tag management provider, today announced that it has raised $53 million in debt and equity financing to further its mission of helping global brands simplify their customer data operations and drive more intelligent interactions based on a single view of the customer. Existing investors Insight Venture Partners, Lead Edge Capital, Mack Capital and Volition Capital led the new funding round, with participation from Silicon Valley Bank (NASDAQ: SIVB).
The fresh capital will be used to accelerate innovation and sales of its omni-channel customer data platform, which is comprised of enterprise tag management, mobile app deployment and optimization, and customer profile creation and activation. Ensighten is the recognized global leader in enterprise tag management by revenue, and the only vendor to offer a comprehensive, independent platform for deploying third-party technologies on mobile apps, as well as optimizing mobile app experiences. Combined with its differentiators in data privacy and governance, and its unique ability to handle marketing use cases at any level of global sophistication, Ensighten has seen a banner year in 2015, adding such customers as Christopher & Banks, Citibank, Coca-Cola, Colgate-Palmolive, Delta, HD Supply, M7, Nationwide, PayPal, and SunTrust Bank.
“Ensighten helps some of the biggest brands in the world transform their marketing operations by making it easy to leverage their most prized asset: customer data,” said Nikitas Koutoupes, Managing Director at Insight Ventures Partners. “We are excited to have the opportunity to further our investment in Ensighten, which plays a highly strategic and foundational role within the marketing data infrastructure of its global brands.”
Year-to-date financial, operational and product innovation highlights, include:
· Ranking within the Inc. 500 for the second consecutive year, with sales growth of 1,012 percent over the last three years thanks to a surge in customer growth and retention. Inc. Magazine’s exclusive list showcases the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
· Rapid overseas growth and investment, including the appointment of industry veteran Ian Woolley as the General Manager of EMEA.
· The launch of a patented real-time no-SDK mobile app optimization and deployment platform, that helps marketers and mobile teams deliver greater ROI by boosting in-app customer conversion, engagement and loyalty without having to ever repeat the app certification process.
· Enhanced data privacy and security capabilities, providing global, multi-national corporations unprecedented control over how customer data is collected and exchanged over digital channels.
· Upgrades to the company’s market-leading enterprise tag management system, Ensighten Manage, and its unified customer profile management solution, Ensighten Activate, including the creation of an open API for leveraging rich customer data into key marketing execution systems.
· The launch of nearly 1,000 turnkey digital marketing vendor integrations, including all go-to applications spanning analytics, advertising, e-mail, marketing automation, personalization, search and many more. These seamless integrations give Ensighten one of the largest eco-system footprints in the industry.
· The successful launch of AGILITY 2015, the company’s global annual user conference, which attracted 700+ attendees and record vendor partner participation, and featured more than 40 customer speakers, including HP, Home Depot, CDW, E-Trade, Fidelity, TD Bank, Symantec, and Viacom. Ensighten is also in the midst of a sold-out multi-city user tour, featuring customer speakers such as Coca-Cola, Delta, TUI, United Airlines and many more.
“Ensighten’s momentum and success in addressing enterprise-level challenges around data management and unification made this an easy decision,” said Larry Cheng, Managing Partner at Volition Capital. “We were impressed by the growing pedigree of global brands, the vision, and the experience of the management team.”
“Impressive revenue growth along with extremely high customer satisfaction levels make Ensighten an exciting company for us to partner with,” said Joe Restagno, Managing Director for Silicon Valley Bank. “This financing is a testament to Ensighten’s momentum, and we look forward to helping the team to deliver on its mission.”
“We are grateful to our investment partners for this new financing, which will be used to aggressively fund product innovation, global sales, customer support, and other key growth objectives,” said Josh Manion, Chief Executive Officer of Ensighten. “We are also thankful to our many customers and partners for their continued trust in us serving as their centralized customer data platform for fueling their omni-channel marketing initiatives.”
Ensighten, the global leader in omni-channel data and tag management, is changing the face of digital marketing by transforming the way enterprises collect, own and act on their customer data across all marketing channels and devices. The Ensighten Open Marketing Platform enables enterprises to achieve true one-to-one personalization, accelerate the execution and optimization of their marketing initiatives and deliver superior user experiences. Ensighten, with its unique hybrid-tagging™ technology, powers companies generating over $1.9 trillion in revenue in over 150 countries. The world’s leading brands (Microsoft, Capital One, United Airlines and T-Mobile) achieve marketing agility by implementing Ensighten’s single line of code. Ensighten is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, with offices in San Diego, London and Sydney. To learn more visit www.ensighten.com, and join the conversation on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/ensighten) and Twitter (@ensighten).