”Don’t fear failure. Be afraid of not having the chance. You have the chance.”
– Sally, from Cars 3
Meet Estelle Spanneut
Estelle joined Volition Capital in 2021 as an Analyst on the Software and Tech-Enabled-Services Deal Team. She is responsible for sourcing and providing due diligence on new investment opportunities within Software and Tech-Enabled Service businesses.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Estelle graduated from Georgetown University in 2021. She majored in Operations & Information Management with a minor in Economics. She was also a Global Business Fellow, a joint program between the school of business and school of foreign service.
- Throughout college, she interned for various startups, startup support organizations, and DC-based venture capital firm Revolution.
- At Georgetown, she led Georgetown’s entrepreneurship club and startup accelerator (Georgetown Ventures), and was an outdoor guide, leading other students on outdoor trips on the weekends.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ESTELLE
- She is originally from France and grew up in Seoul, South Korea, and Boise, Idaho. She finally became an American citizen in 2018.
- Her favorite movie is Cars, and she largely credits it to how she learned English when she was younger.
- Despite not being from the US, Estelle has visited over 30 states, with the goal of visiting all 50.
- She loves hiking and being outdoors and is certified as a Wilderness First Responder.
“The opportunity to interact with entrepreneurs who have a strong drive to grow their business and a forward-thinking attitude about the market is what excites me about investing with Volition. Being part of a team so dedicated to working alongside passionate entrepreneurs is what makes this experience so interesting and rewarding.”