“It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
–Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
Meet Kelly Barnum
Kelly joined Volition Capital in 2022 as a Portfolio Talent Manager. She is responsible for supporting people initiatives across both Volition and our portfolio companies.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Kelly graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a dual degree in Human Resources Management & Marketing.
- She went directly into the Talent and People space in NYC out of college and eventually moved into the Startup world. At her first Series A, Vettery, now known as Hired, Kelly was one of the early hires on the Candidate Experience team. She moved into a leadership position post-acquisition, helping navigate through their hyper-growth.
- In her last role at The Org, in addition to being a Director on their Recruiting as a Service team, she co-chaired the Diversity and Inclusion committee for the company, specifically focused on Talent attraction and retention.
FUN FACTS ABOUT KELLY
- Kelly is from Buffalo and is a huge Buffalo Bills fan – no, she has not jumped through a table. And even though she’s a pescatarian, the only acceptable way to eat your wings is with bleu cheese.
- After work, you will likely find her at a cycling studio, trying a new restaurant, reading a book, or volunteering.
- She developed an allergy to agave a few years ago, which ended her journey to find the best spicy margarita in New York – Ask her for recommendations from her research, though!
“I truly believe a company is only as good as its people. You can have a brilliant idea but without the right people behind it to execute, it’s going to be difficult to find success. I love being a part of the process of finding those individuals and helping them find their superpowers.”