“If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat.”
– Sheryl Sandberg
Katharine joined Volition Capital in 2021 as an Analyst on the Internet & Consumer team. She is responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities in transactional Internet and consumer product companies.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Katharine received her BA from Bowdoin College in Economics with a minor in Sociology.
- She studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain where she quickly learned that Iberian ham was high on the list of her favorite foods
- Prior to joining Volition, Katharine interned at John Hancock covering public and private fixed-income investments within the Power and Infrastructure sectors.
FUN FACTS About Katharine
- She was born and raised just outside of Boston. She still goes home often, mainly to visit her dogs.
- In her free time, you can find her outside adventuring. In the winter she loves to ski, and during the warmer months, she plays a lot of golf. Ask her about her hole-in-one!
- She wrote her college admissions essay about traffic flow on the Zakim Bridge in Boston.
- Her favorite class in college was called “The Science of Food and Wine.”
“What drew me to working at Volition, and specifically within the growth equity space, was having the opportunity at such an early stage in my career to work directly with passionate and innovative entrepreneurs to grow their ground-breaking products and ideas.”
Nearly Three Years Later, It’s Time to Rethink our Approach to Digital Health Investing Our initial digital health thesis took a verticalized approach, centered around indiscriminate... more
Why Digital Health Multiples Aren’t as Crazy as they Seem: An Active Approach to Digital Health InvestingExplosive Digital Health Investments Are Consumerizing HealthcarePrivate investors have quickly caught onto the trend of digitalized healthcare, shifting the lens of the broader healthcare... more