“What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”
– Vincent Van Gogh
Matteo joined Volition Capital in 2022 as an Analyst on the Internet & Consumer team. He is responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities in transactional Internet and consumer product companies.
prior experience & education
- Matteo graduated from the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University with a double major in Finance and Marketing.
- He served as CEO of Georgetown Ventures, the university’s undergraduate entrepreneurship club that operates as a startup incubator and accelerator.
- In 2021, his team of Georgetown undergraduates won the global championship for the Undergraduate Venture Capital Investment Competition.
- Throughout his college career, he explored countless industries with various roles, such as a Marketing Intern for Nutella, an Operations Intern for FENDI, and a consultant for a startup advisory firm, before finding his passion for venture capital with TDF Ventures, an early-stage VC in Washington, D.C.
FUN FACTS ABOUT MATTEO
- Matteo grew up in New York City and attended Regis High School.
- Matteo has dual citizenship in Italy and visits every summer to stay with his grandmas, who send him back to the states 10 pounds heavier.
- He enjoys playing basketball and soccer and, unfortunately, is an avid New York Knicks fan.
“Analyzing and empowering growing businesses led by inspiring, go-getting founders is primarily what drives my interest in growth equity. Joining Volition allowed me to enter an environment in which the investment team matches the ambition behind the founding teams in our portfolio.”