“You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile”
– Annie, The Musical
Roger Hurwitz in TechCrunch: 7 Ways Investors Can Gain Clarity…
ButterflyMX Secures $50 Million in Series D Funding
Qure4u Announces Close of $25M Growth Equity Investment to…
Previous Board Membership
Roger Hurwitz is a Founding Partner at Volition Capital. He focuses primarily on investments in software and technology-enabled business services.
Prior to starting Volition Capital in 2010, Roger was a partner at Fidelity Ventures, where he focused on early growth equity investments including GeoLearning (acquired by SumTotal). Roger was also a partner at Apax Partners, focused primarily on investments in enterprise software and technology-enabled services including Intralinks, Planview, and RealPage.
Before that, Roger worked for GE Capital as a Vice President of GE Equity, where he played a key role in developing the technology group’s investment strategy for business-to-business electronic commerce. His investments at GE Equity included Commerce One, OpenSite Technologies, Proxicom, and Multex.
Earlier in his career, Roger worked in corporate finance at Chase Manhattan Bank and spent six years at Arthur Andersen in accounting and corporate finance.
OTHER EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Roger was a National Judge for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year awards
- He was a former board member of the Venture Investors Association of New York and served on the Advisory Board of The Quebec City Conference
- Roger received a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Syracuse University in 1987 and an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 1995
Fun Facts About Roger
- According to Roger, he is – and will always be – a child at heart.
- He’s a diehard Jets fan. If this is not miserable enough, he’s always surrounded by Pats fans here in Boston.
- He’s married to his college sweetheart.
- His fantasy is now limited to fantasy football, which he is totally nuts about. You can ask his co-workers.
- Roger feels there’s nothing more rewarding than raising two fantastic children.
- Running 30 miles a week helps him keep his sanity.
- What a great feeling to say “Checkmate.”
“I see value in the investment opportunities others may not immediately see. I believe the ability to recognize what’s beneath the surface is extremely powerful. I’ve helped several companies expand into market leaders in their segment by identifying what could be.
At the end of the day, I just have this passion for helping founders transform their businesses. My love for this job just continues to grow. There’s really no other way to do this every day other than with your whole heart all in it.”
NEWS & INSIGHTS
It feels like almost any company is a tech company in one way or another these days... more
ButterflyMX Secures $50 Million in Series D Funding Led by JMI Equity Investment... more
Qure4u’s funding from Volition Capital comes on the heels of record growth... more
SAB inaugural members including top executives and founders of blue-chip software,... more
This article was originally posted on PRNewswire >> The round is a minority... more