“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
– Teddy Roosevelt
Emily joined Volition in 2020 as an analyst and is responsible for evaluating and executing new investment opportunities on the Internet & Consumer Team).
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior to joining Volition, Emily worked as an investment banking analyst at Cowen and Company. She worked in Capital Markets, covering equity and convertible products across healthcare, technology, and consumer industries.
- She received her B.A. in Mathematics and a Minor in Economics from Bowdoin College
- Emily played soccer at Bowdoin College, where she served as captain and received NESCAC All-Academic recognition
- Along with soccer, Emily was also involved with Admissions as a tour guide at Bowdoin
FUN FACTS ABOUT EMILY
- Emily grew up playing soccer with her twin sister, and coincidentally, scored a goal at Bowdoin within 5 minutes of her twin’s goal at her Colgate game (ask their proud father)
- Emily studied abroad in Edinburgh – despite not picking up the Scottish brogue, she did develop an appreciation for the Highlands and afternoon teatime
- Hiked Acadia National Park every year while in college, and will fiercely debate the best hiking trail/lobster roll combo for the quintessential Maine experience
- Unofficial winner of Pawlak Family Fear Factor as a 6-year-old, which consisted of eating sushi, lying in an ice bath, and a gritty around-the-house obstacle course
“What excites me about joining Volition is not only the opportunity to provide passionate founders that extra boost towards their fullest potential, but also the simple fact that I get to identify and work with smart people and great ideas all day, every day.”