“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”
Matt first joined Volition Capital in 2018 as a summer intern and returned full-time in 2019 as an analyst. He is responsible for sourcing and providing due diligence on new investment opportunities within software and tech-enabled service businesses.
Matt helped with sourcing and diligence on Creatio.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Matt graduated Cum Laude from Dartmouth College in 2019 with a major in Economics.
- He founded his first company at 17 years old while still in high school and later invested in and operated his second business while in college.
FUN FACTS ABOUT MATT
- Matt was born and raised in Atlanta and is very loyal to both his city and teams. He is still waiting for the Falcons to return to the Super Bowl.
- On the weekends, you can find him somewhere in New England either playing golf (poorly) or skiing with friends when the weather cools down.
- He’s an aspiring foodie and loves food from just about every corner of the globe. Ask him about his rankings of Indian restaurants in the greater Boston area.
“I got my first glimpse into the world of software and tech as a teenager in braces running around the halls in a variety of roles for startups in Atlanta and have never looked back since. What inspires and motivates me most in my current role is witnessing the passion, tenacity, and determination that an entrepreneur possesses. I love working with founders who dream big but work doubly as hard to achieve their goals. Their passion truly drives me to set the bar high and roll up my sleeves to help them get to where they want to go.”
By Dave Gordon & Matt TanenblattTo quote author and speaker, Patricia Fripp, “to build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don't close a sale, open a relationship" This is... more
by Matt Tanenblatt The other week, the Motley Fool described Shopify’s stock as the Tesla of E-commerce, which is no small comparison with the elevated importance of E-commerce in the... more