“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”
– Babe Ruth
Matt first joined Volition Capital in 2018 as a summer intern and returned full-time in 2019 as an analyst. He is responsible for sourcing and providing due diligence on new investment opportunities within software and tech-enabled service businesses.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Matt graduated Cum Laude from Dartmouth College in 2019 with a major in Economics.
- He founded his first company at 17 years old while still in high school and later invested in and operated his second business while in college.
FUN FACTS About Matt
- Matt was born and raised in Atlanta and he’s a die-hard Atlanta sports fan. He’s still waiting for the Falcons to return to the Super Bowl.
- He walked on to the Dartmouth men’s lacrosse team. While he admits he wasn’t the best player on the field, he’d like to think he’s above average in the Boston men’s league.
- Sean Cantwell thinks he look like Miles Teller…and he has never been so flattered.
“After my internship with Volition in 2018, I was pumped to come back and work here full time. Aside from how much I enjoyed working with this super motivated and fun team, I think that getting the opportunity to speak with incredibly bright and unique entrepreneurs every day is an awesome experience that I am lucky to have. I love being part of the business building process, so learning about each founder’s story and background motivates and excites me every day.”
By Dave Gordon & Matt TanenblattTo quote author and speaker, Patricia Fripp, “to build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don't close a sale, open a relationship" This is... more
by Matt Tanenblatt The other week, the Motley Fool described Shopify’s stock as the Tesla of E-commerce, which is no small comparison with the elevated importance of E-commerce in the... more