“The greatest teacher, failure is.”
Austin joined Volition Capital in 2018 and is responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities in transactional Internet and consumer product companies. He’s primarily focused on e-commerce, travel, and shipping & logistics.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior to joining Volition, Austin interned for Citigroup, New England Pension Plan Systems, Westfield Research, Farrell Financial, and the Charlotte Hornets.
- Austin earned his MBA from the Providence College School of Business and his Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Providence College.
- Austin participated as a two-time captain on the Providence College Men’s Lacrosse Team.
FUN FACTS About Austin
- Austin is from Buffalo and he’s a big fan of the Bills. This is their season, he can feel it.
- He ran an iPhone screen repair business out of his apartment at school because he saw the attractive margins and high demand. It’s really amazing what YouTube can teach you.
- In his free time, Austin loves to run, hike, play basketball and hang out with family and friends.
“What cannot be underestimated is the importance of great leadership within an organization. You can have product/market fit and a team with a lot of talent, but without a leader to prioritize resources, instill passion and create direction, it’s difficult to achieve greatness.”
Austin has investment experience with following Volition portfolio companies:
By Austin GoltzThe low interest rate environment continues to drive growth in the ~$10T US mortgage industry Mortgages are the largest segment of household debt in the United States, yet... more
The #1 New Activity Started in the Quarantine that Consumers Intend to Continue After The QuarantineBy Austin GoltzHow Long Does It Take to Form a HabitIt is debated how long it truly takes to form a habit Some believe it takes 21 days This stems from a piece of literature written in 1960... more