“Every person dies, but not every person truly lives.”
Mark joined Volition Capital in the summer of 2019 as an Analyst. He is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities within software and tech-enabled service businesses.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior to joining Volition, in 2018, Mark interned at Stifel Financial Corporation in New York City as an Equity Research Analyst covering the beverages space.
- He spent the summer of 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa taking an investment finance course and working for a local venture capital firm.
- Mark holds a BA from the University of Notre Dame in Psychology with a minor in Computer Science.
FUN FACTS About Mark
- Mark was born in Oklahoma City and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Watching college football is what you can find him doing on Saturdays in the fall. Boomer Sooner and Go Irish.
- He loves experiencing different cultures. Mark has visited 27 countries and plans to visit every country in the world. (Only 150+ countries to go!)
- Mark’s interested in what drives individuals and their belief systems, and how those belief systems impact individuals’ cultural world-views.
- He wrote his senior thesis on the potential for psychedelic compounds to alleviate terror management-related aggression towards out-group members. He loves talking about it. Just ask him (or his coworkers).
“As a psychology major, I am interested in understanding human behavior and how shifts in market sentiment can result from playing out of basic psychological principles.”