“Every person dies, but not every person truly lives.”
Mark joined Volition Capital in the summer of 2019. He is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities within software and tech-enabled service businesses.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior to joining Volition, in 2018, Mark interned at Stifel Financial Corporation in New York City as an Equity Research Analyst covering the beverages space.
- He spent the summer of 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa taking an investment finance course and working for a local venture capital firm.
- Mark holds a BA from the University of Notre Dame in Psychology with a minor in Computer Science.
FUN FACTS About Mark
- Mark was born in Oklahoma City and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Watching college football is what you can find him doing on Saturdays in the fall. Boomer Sooner and Go Irish.
- He loves experiencing different cultures. Mark has visited 27 countries and plans to visit every country in the world. (Only 150+ countries to go!)
- Mark’s interested in what drives individuals and their belief systems, and how those belief systems impact individuals’ cultural world-views.
- He wrote his senior thesis on the potential for psychedelic compounds to alleviate terror management-related aggression towards out-group members. He loves talking about it. Just ask him (or his coworkers).
“As a psychology major, I am interested in understanding human behavior and how shifts in market sentiment can result from playing out of basic psychological principles.”